Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Only Thing Out Of Place Is You

| Right | May 2, 2017

(I work at a private optometrist office with my mother. As such, we like to wear matching scrubs in the office. We happen to be wearing some light purple scrubs with cartoonish cows printed on them this day when we run to a craft store for some things. The employees at this store are all wearing blue aprons.)

Me: *looking over some stickers and deciding which ones I like better, I start putting away the ones I decide against*

Other Customer: *with friend* “Excuse me.”

Me: *still looking at stickers, unaware she is talking to me*

Other Customer: *louder and a bit more impatient* “Excuse me!”

Me: *finally looking up* “What?”

(The speaking customer’s jaw drops and she looks at her friend before looking back at me.)

Other Customer: “Well! I need to know where the floral arrangements are.”

Me: “Probably up front, but I don’t work here.”

Other Customer: “Why else would you be wearing a name tag and putting things away?”

Me: “Because I just got off work at a medical office, hence the scrubs, and I’m not an inconsiderate d*****bag that leaves things out of place.”

(I turned and walked away from them, leaving them speechless, while I went to find my mother with our cart. After a bit of hunting and passing several real employees, I finally caught up with her and found the same two women asking HER to find more items for them!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!