Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Only Thing Downbeat And Hopeless Here Is You

| Friendly | September 15, 2016

(In my spare time I write fan-fic, and have just posted one based on a popular RPG title. Someone on the forum sends me a private message with their thoughts.)

User: “Your story has way too upbeat of an ending! [Game] is meant to be about death, suffering, and tragedy, and the PC is meant to die at the end having accepted their situation is completely hopeless!”

Me: “My story is based on the third ending to the game. You’re thinking of the first ending.”

User: “There’s more than one ending?”

Me: “Yep, it takes a lot of work but if you do the following—” *I describe how to unlock the other endings of the game, including the one where the main character lives and departs with the promise of a relatively happy life afterwards*

User: “Well, I haven’t played the game, so I didn’t know that.”

Me: “There’s multiple Let’s Play videos and online walkthroughs detailing how each ending plays out, too.”

User: “Look, just change your fic so it’s not so cheerful, okay? Otherwise I’m going to down-vote it!”

(A while later I get the following on my personal email:)

User: “Hey, why did you block me on the forum? I told you what you needed to do to make your fic decent and you still haven’t changed it yet! Don’t you care about being faithful to the game?”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!