Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Only Cake That Can Make You Feel Blue

, , , | Right | January 6, 2019

(I am serving a customer who has only said one thing to me: that she wants blue cheesecake. We only have one cake available made with blue cheese, and she nods that she wants it. I show it to her and she takes it, pays, and leaves. About an hour later she comes back in.)

Customer: “I asked for a blue cheesecake earlier, but your worker only gave me this ugly one!”

Me: “I was the one who served you, actually. I asked you if you were happy with the cake and even showed it to you.”

Customer: “But it isn’t blue.”

Me: “It is. That is the only blue cheesecake we offer.”

Customer: “But it isn’t blue.”

Me: “I don’t know what else to tell you. That cake was made with blue cheese. I made it myself this morning.”

Customer: “But it isn’t blue!”

Me: *finally clocking on* “Wait. You want a cheesecake that is coloured blue, not one made with blue cheese?”

Customer: “What’s the difference?”

(I ended up refunding her and having to throw the cake out, as she had literally ripped the middle out to find the “blue.” If only customers actually paid attention when they bought things, it would make my life a lot easier.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!