Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Driving Home The Kindness, Part 4

, , , | Working | May 18, 2016

(I am to perform in a concert around Christmas, and my parents want to come to the show. For some reason, I am not able to get them tickets from the organizers, or from the venue. In fact, there is only one place in the city where I can get them, and it is located in a part of the city I have never been to before. I Google the address before I leave home, but it turns out that they have moved, and not updated their address on their website. I don’t have a smartphone at the time, so I am hopelessly lost in an unfamiliar place, in the middle of a Canadian winter. Needless to say, I am quite distressed. I spot a bus stop up ahead, but the bus is right behind me, and I knew I’d never make it to the stop in time. I am about to cry, when I heard the bus stop right next to me. This is the exchange that took place.)

Driver: *smiles at me* “You look like you could use a lift.”

Me: “Thank you so much! You just made my bad day so much better. I got lost.”

(I chuckle awkwardly, and reach into my pocket for the fare.)

Driver: “No need for that. You had to pay to get lost; you shouldn’t have to pay to get found.”

Me: “Are you sure? You already did such a nice thing, stopping for me when I wasn’t at a bus stop. I don’t want you to get in trouble.”

Driver: “No trouble. Take a seat.”

Me: “Thank you so much!”

(It wasn’t the last time I saw that bus driver, as I was a regular transit user, and he always chatted pleasantly with me and made sure I knew where I was going before I got off his bus. Considering how many other bus drivers in that city were downright rude to me on a regular basis, this driver was a real ray of sunshine. Thank you, Driver, for everything.)

 

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!