Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The New Bakery In The Mos Eisley Cantina

, , , | Right | November 10, 2019

(I’m the bakery manager for a regional supermarket chain. I am on the sales floor, filling our muffin display. I suddenly feel someone tapping my shoulder. I turn to see a male customer with a very angry look on his face.)

Me: “Hi. Is there anything I can help you with?”

Customer: “I just wanted to let you know that I don’t like you!”

(I have never seen this guy before, so I’m not sure if he is confusing me with someone else.)

Me: “Umm…”

Customer: “In fact, I hate you!”

Me: *still confused* “I…”

Customer: “I was just diagnosed as being diabetic! I can’t have anything here. I can’t even have apple pie! That’s my favorite!”

Me: *still not sure how to respond* “I’m sorry?”

(He then went on a tirade about how we should not have anything out for sale while he is in the store, as it is very hard for him to go past our department. He then asked to speak to the store manager, who I paged. The store manager came over, and the guy first demanded that he get rid of the bakery since he can’t have anything from there. The store manager told him that it was not possible to remove an entire department from the store, especially for one person. The customer then said that from now on he would call five minutes before he came into the store so we could pull all our bakery tables off the sales floor, so he wouldn’t be tempted. He then walked away. The store manager and I traded looks of disbelief. My cake decorator, who witnessed the whole exchange, laughed and said, “Just another typical Sunday here!”)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!