Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Nameless Are Not Blameless

, , , | Right | February 1, 2021

When this takes place, most people have cell phones but calls aren’t yet so cheap that no one thinks twice about making calls. I’m working in a place with a boss who doesn’t mind us making personal calls on the work phones as long as we don’t take advantage.

I’m at work and the phone rings with an incoming call. We use old phones that don’t have caller ID.

Me: “Good morning, [Company]. May I help you?”

Caller: “Did you call me?”

Me: “Please may I have your name?”

Caller: “No, you called me. You know who I am.”

Me: “Sir, this is a business number, not a personal number. It could have been any employee who called you. If you tell me your name, I can try and find out who it was.”

Caller: “No, I’m not giving you my name. You have to know me if you called me. Why did you call me?”

Me: *Sighs* “Sir, we have over a hundred employees here and it could have been any one of them that called you. I bet if I put out an announcement on the loudspeaker asking who called a mobile number and the call wasn’t answered, at least half of the employees would say it was them. If you want me to try and find out who called you, I need your name.”

Caller: “No, you called me. I refuse to give you my name.”

Me: “Well, in that case, I’m sorry but I can’t help you. Have a nice day, sir.” *Hangs up*

I hate it when people call in saying, “Did you call me?” without giving a name.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!