Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Museum Of Burnt Money

, , , | Right | March 16, 2021

I work at a museum that is open until 5:00 pm, but every day we offer free admission for the last thirty minutes. However, we have to charge full price right up until 4:30 hits. A man with a rather large family comes up to my ticket counter at about 4:15.

Guest: “Hello. We have two adults, three kids, and a senior.”

Me: “All right, are you just seeing the museum today?”

Guest: “Yep.”

Me: “Okay. Just so you know, we do close at 5:00. We have free admission after 4:30, though, if you’d like to wait.”

Guest: “No, that’s okay.”

I’m honestly a little stunned, as I’ve never had anyone turn down the offer and I really don’t want to charge this guy full price for fifteen minutes.

Me: “Are you sure? It’ll be completely free.”

Guest: “Nah, it’s cool.”

Me: “If you’d like, you could even just look around the gift shop first and come back in fifteen.”

Guest: “Nope, just want to see the museum.”

Me: “All right, then.”

I put his transaction through, which comes to well over $100, and he happily pays. He takes his tickets and goes on his merry way. My coworker turns to me once he’s out of sight.

Coworker: “D***, I wish I had that much money to burn!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!