Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Mother Of The Mother Of Dragons

, , , , , | Right | September 2, 2020

I work as a receptionist at the office headquarters for a very large and well-known premium cable service. This morning, I see a woman with a stroller storm up to my desk. She is well-dressed, and her cute toddler daughter is sitting calmly in her seat.

Woman: “I demand to talk to the man in charge!”

Me: “In charge of what department, ma’am?”

Woman: “In charge of everything!”

Our chief executive is a very busy man and generally doesn’t take appointments from lil’ ol’ me.

Me: “Ma’am, perhaps if you tell me what your query is, I can advise you on what to do?”

Woman: “My problem is this!

She points angrily to her own daughter. My immediate thought dramatically jumps straight to this woman having a child with the top boss and she’s come to collect! Sadly, even that wild thought is way off.

Me: “Excuse me, ma’am, you’ll have to elaborate.”

She huffs and points closer to her daughter’s cap, which has “Dani” on it.

Woman: “I named my daughter Daenerys after your stupid show!”

Me: “I see.”

I don’t see.

Woman: “And you’ve all gone and f***** it up! You’ve ruined the name! She was the perfect role model for my daughter to grow up into, and now she’s gone and f****** burned down f****** King’s Landing!”

Now I see.

Me: “Ah, ma’am. I’m afraid if you wish to make a complaint about the writing on one of our shows, including that one, you can write in to this email—”

Woman: “No! I demand to speak to the owner of the company! They have to redo it! Redo the ending! My daughter will not stand for it!”

Me: “Ma’am, please send your complaints and requests to the email on this card. There is no one present at this building who can help you.”

Woman: “Gaaarrgh! F***!”

The woman kicks my desk, turns around, and storms out as fiery as when she came in. My coworker, who has witnessed this entire exchange, slides over.

Coworker: “Something tells me that girl’s mom is going to burn down the city long before her daughter gets a chance to!” 

As far as I know, that woman never came back to the offices. I hope she will wait until the shows are finished before she picks any characters to name any more children!


This story is part of our Game Of Thrones roundup!

Read the next Game Of Thrones roundup story!

Read the Game Of Thrones roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!