Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Mother Of All Bad Customers

, | Right | August 2, 2016

(I work at a very popular fast food place. It’s Friday night, so we’re incredibly packed. I’m on front register, which I rarely do; I usually always make the food. Despite this, I have no affiliation with the drive-thru, as I’m trying to take care of all my customers by myself. A woman comes up almost behind the counter and starts SCREAMING at me, interrupting the customer’s order I’m currently taking.)

Customer: “THIS IS A F****ING JOKE! I HAVE BEEN IN THE DRIVE-THRU FOR 20 F****ING MINUTES AND NO ONE HAS TAKEN MY ORDER!”

(The store goes silent as this woman is almost yelling bloody murder.)

Me: “I apologize, ma’am! I am currently serving customers up front but I can grab my manager for you!”

Customer: “BULL****! I USED TO WORK AT THIS F***ING DUMP AND WE USED TO STAND OUTSIDE IN THE RAIN AND TAKE ORDERS BY HAND! YOU’RE ALL A BUNCH OF LAZY MOTHERF***ERS! GET OUTSIDE AND TAKE MY ORDER!”

Me: *dumbfounded*, but trying to get my line back in order as she storms out*

Next Customer: “What a f****** b****. I’m sorry. I can’t believe people get off on screaming at hard workers over food. I’ve always loved how well you guys work here, and I don’t mind waiting for good food.”

Coworker: *head down, in shame* “That was my mom. She’s so embarrassing.”

(I later found out she cut in line and screamed at a manager of mine until she cried. I still boil remembering this transaction, but I still feel awful for my coworker. I heard he went home and told her off royal and she hasn’t tried it again.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!