Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The More You Read The Worse It Gets, Part 3

, , , | Right | March 21, 2023

I am a floor associate for a large retailer. A customer is looking for an item, but we do not carry it in the store. I pull out my phone (which is allowed as long as it is for work) and look it up on our website.

Me: “It looks like [Store ten miles away] has it in stock. I can call there, or you can order it online when you get home and have it delivered.”

Customer: “Can I see?”

She takes my phone from my hand before I can respond.

Me: “Um… that’s actually my personal phone. Please give it back.”

I hold out my hand, but she pulls away.

Customer: “I’m looking up other stores.”

I look at her husband, but he doesn’t seem to see the issue with his wife taking my personal phone and refusing to give it back. Eventually, she hands it back and leaves.

A few days later, I receive a text from a number I don’t know.

Text: “Hi, [My Name]. Thanks for the help finding [item]! We ordered it on Amazon for cheaper than [My Store]. It’s great!”

Me: “How did you get my number?”

Text: “I texted myself the link from your website.”

I looked through my messages but didn’t see anything to that number. My best guess is that she sent it and then deleted it so I wouldn’t see it. I was beyond shocked. I hope she never comes back to my store.

Related:
The More You Read, The Worse It Gets, Part 2
The More You Read, The Worse It Gets

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!