Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The More You Read The Worse It Gets, Part 2

, , , , , , | Right | March 9, 2022

I work for a gardening company that generally helps customers with checking on their orders, simple gardening questions, etc.

A customer joins the chat.

Me: “You are now chatting with [My Name]. How may I assist you?”

Customer: “What is an Easy Number?”

Me: “Oh, that is your account number. You may sometimes see it referred to as an Easy Number as it easily allows us to locate your information.”

Customer: “Where is my account number?”

Me: “I can look that up for you. Have you placed an order with us before?”

Customer: “Nope.”

Me: “Oh, well, that screen you are trying to log into right now is for customers to check the status of their previously placed orders.”

Customer: “Aw, okay. How do I pay for my order?”

Me: “Your credit card will be charged at the time your order is placed.”

Customer: “I don’t know how to do that.”

Me: “I’m sorry, could you explain what you don’t know how to do?”

Customer: “Charge my credit card.”

Me: “Oh, I apologize for the confusion. When you place your order, the system will automatically charge your card for you.”

Customer: “Okay. How do I create an account?”

Me: “When you submit your order, an account is automatically created for you.”

Customer: “I placed an order with your company yesterday.”

Me: “Oh, I apologize for misunderstanding earlier. I would be happy to look up your account number for you.”

Customer: “Actually, I don’t want you to do that. I have a doctor’s appointment. I’ll chat with you again later.”

The customer left the chat.

I went back and read the chat three times after they disconnected to make sure I understood that they blatantly said, “Nope,” when I asked if they placed an order with us before.

Related:
The More You Read, The Worse It Gets


This story is part of our More-You-Read-The-Worse-It-Gets roundup!

Read the next More-You-Read-The-Worse-It-Gets roundup story!

Read the More-You-Read-The-Worse-It-Gets roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!