Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Manager Has To Wake Up And Smell The Coffee

| Right | March 12, 2014

(We are having a meeting about how many errors we are making on our tills. When we explain why these are happening, our boss seems to think we are all idiots and decides to spend a few hours watching what we do, starting off by showing us how to use the till properly.)

Customer #1: “Can I have a medium latte please?”

(My manager makes the drink and processes it on the till without a problem. I’m the first to go on the till afterwards.)

Customer #2: “Yeah, can I get a medium skinny latte.”

(I make the drink, process it on the till, and tell the customer the price which is also written on the menu board behind me.)

Customer #2: “Sorry, I don’t have enough. Can you make me a plain latte?”

(I make the second drink for the customer and process this on the till, but it goes down as an error which causes my manager to glare at me. I tell the customer the new price.)

Customer #2: “Yeah, I don’t have enough for that either. Can I have a tea?”

(I make a third drink and re-process this on the till making another error. The customer finally pays and leaves.)

Manager: “Yeah. I’ll just tell head office this town is full of idiots…”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!