Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The L In “LGBT” Doesn’t Stand For “Liar”

, , , | Working | October 21, 2019

(A coworker finds out I’m a lesbian and suddenly starts treating me poorly. She starts telling management I’m giving her dirty looks, leaving my register a mess, wandering off, etc. Management knows this is all false and reminds her that they’ve reviewed the camera footage and haven’t seen anything like what’s she’s describing. All of my other coworkers have picked up on what she’s been doing, and they side against her. They’ve spoken up for me, apologized to me, and complained to management about her. I’m ringing someone up and they mention that they saw a sale sign that’s not showing on the computer. My coworker goes to check.)

Coworker #1: *snottily* “There’s no sale sign; guess you’ll have to tell the customer too bad!”

(Before I can reply, my coworker in charge of all the signage speaks up over the radio.)

Coworker #2: “Actually, there should be a sale sign in [section]. Six, actually. I put them up ten minutes ago. So, either you didn’t look, you took them down, or you’re lying.”

Coworker #1: “Well… you shouldn’t defend a [slur]!”

(The radio goes dead silent. I adjust the price for my customer and they leave. Fifteen minutes later, I see my rude coworker storming out of the front door. My other coworker comes over to me.)

Coworker #2: “Someone thought management would agree with her. And I think she forgot that I’m married to a woman.”

(She ended up getting fired.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!