Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Kind Leading The Blind

| Right | September 6, 2015

Customer Service Rep: *to me* “This woman needs help getting these items. Help her through the store, please.”

Me: “All right. Hello, ma’am!”

Customer: “I’m so sorry, I’m almost legally blind; I didn’t want to trouble anyone.”

Me: “It’s no trouble. I’ve guided for the blind before.”

(I lead her by the cart she’s holding onto so she’s more comfortable. The customer reads off her list as I get everything for her while she’s on the phone to double check the items. After we head to customer service she starts crying.)

Me: “I’m sorry; are you okay?”

Customer: “I’m sorry. I’m so embarrassed. It’s so odd to need help.”

(My heart breaks a little and I rub her arm in a comforting manner.)

Me: “It’s okay. It’s nothing you could control and no sense in being embarrassed or ashamed in needing help. It will be hard to adjust but you should get an amazing guide dog and be okay…”

Customer: “Oh… thank you… You are an angel… You’re so blessed… and I’m glad they called you to help me.”

Me: “No, I’m just a decent person unlike a lot of others in the world. Now after we check with customer service I’ll help you to your vehicle.

(Later…)

Me: “Now what kind of vehicle am I looking for?”

Customer: “A white truck.”

Me: “Okay… What kind of truck?”

Customer: “My friend will see me.”

(After a few moments a man comes and starts pulling her by the cart, I follow and keep a hand on her back in case of ice, as it’s a very snowy lot.)

Customer: “You’re such a big help. Can I give you a tip? I should, this means so much…”

Me: “No, it’s okay. I can’t and won’t take tips. I am helping you more than I was told because I want to. Now, you are all set.”

Customer: *cries, thanks me profusely, and hugs me until her friends helps her into the truck*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!