Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Killer In Vanilla

, , , , | Right | June 17, 2020

My manager rings up a customer and I’ve just handed off his plain latte.

Customer: “Excuse me, miss. Could you sweeten this up a little for me?”

Me: “Sure.”

I reach for the sweetener.

Customer: “Actually, I’d prefer some vanilla syrup, if you don’t mind.”

I add one pump of vanilla.

Customer: “A few more… like, four pumps.”

Me: “Okay, but I’ll have to charge you for it.”

Customer: “What?! Why?”

Me: “Because you’re asking me to make you a vanilla latte when you only paid for a latte.”

Customer: “What’s the difference?”

Me: “It’s [amount].”

Customer: “This is ridiculous! I can’t believe you’d charge that much for a few squirts of syrup!”

My manager walks up.

Manager: “Is there a problem?”

Customer: “You bet there is! She’s trying to gouge me just for adding a little syrup!”

Manager: “How much we talkin’ about here?”

Me: “Four pumps.”

Customer: “Every other place I’ve been has never charged me for this.”

Manager: “So, every other place you go to, you deliberately order and pay for a plain latte only to have the barista add the vanilla after you’ve paid?”

The customer’s face turned red as he snatched his drink from the counter and left.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!