Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Key To Copying

| Working | March 5, 2014

(I am the private secretary for a very wealthy and prestigious attorney. He works in entertainment law and has many famous clients. He also owns a fabulous house on the Malibu coastline and will frequently loan it out to dignitaries visiting California. It is just before a major holiday, and he is instructing the new girl who has JUST been hired.)

Attorney: “Senator [Name] is visiting. I’ve given him permission to use the condo while I’m out of town.”

(He hands the new girl the front door key.)

Attorney: “I need you to have a copy made of this key to give to him. Since he is arriving late Friday, he knows he can pick up the key at the building security desk. Copy the key and leave it with the guard when you leave tonight. Put the key back in my desk drawer. I have a plane to catch. I’ll be gone the rest of next week.”

New Girl: “Yes, sir.”

Me: “I can take care of that if you like.”

New Girl: “Oh, no, it’s easy. I’ll do it.”

(It wasn’t until Monday morning that I heard what had actually happened. The senator had arrived late that night and the security guard had obligingly handed him an envelope with the law firm’s address on it and his name neatly written on the front. Inside was a sheet of paper with a PHOTOCOPIED image of the attorney’s Malibu condo key!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!