Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Husband Is Just Soup-er

, , , | Right | June 7, 2018

(I work at a restaurant where a special menu deal is being offered at the moment. One can order an appetizer and entree off of the special menu for $25. I am serving an elderly couple.)

Woman: “Hi, I’d like to order off the special menu. Can I get a minestrone with the chicken Marsala?”

Me: “Sorry, ma’am, the minestrone isn’t part of the special deal. You can get the chicken Marsala with a different soup.”

Woman: “I really want the minestrone. Can’t you just give it to me?”

Me: “Not for the special deal, sorry.”

Woman: “FINE! I guess I’ll get the chicken Marsala with the split pea soup, and have the minestrone on the side.”

(She proceeds to throw her menu on the table and huff. Her husband gives me an apologetic look and places a simple order. I come back with their food later. The woman throws me dirty looks and eats grumpily, making loud noises with her knife and fork. She doesn’t touch her split pea soup. She exits the restaurant, shooting me a nasty look as her husband pays the bill.)

Husband: “Can we have this soup to go, please?”

Me: “No problem!”

(When I returned to the table I saw a note that said, “Sorry for my wife’s behavior! Please enjoy the soup!” He also left a nice tip!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!