Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Hour Turned Sour

, , , , | Right | August 5, 2018

(I am working as a cashier. Since we’re in a busy tourist area, mornings are slammed, and often when people complain we just apologize and send them on their way. However, I notice something fishy on this day. A customer walks up to register to pay. He is part of a group of college kids who seem to be here for spring break.)

Me: “Hi there. How was everything this morning?”

Customer: “Uh, yeah, the food was okay but we had to wait an hour for it, and it was cold when it got to us.”

Me: “Oh, no, I’m so sorry that happened.”

(I take a look at the time-stamped ticket he handed me, which is printed when the order is put in. The time on the ticket and the current time are only forty minutes apart. If he truly had waited an hour for his food, he would still be eating it.)

Me: “Here, let me get my manager; just one moment.”

(I go to get the manager, show her the ticket, and tell her the complaint. She goes to talk to the customer.)

Manager: “Hello. What is the problem here?”

Customer: “Yes, I told the other one that we waited an hour for our food and it was cold. We’re not paying for that.” *gestures to his group*

Manager: “Well, I’m sorry, but neither of those things happened, as it still hasn’t even been an hour since the food was put in; it says it right here on your ticket. And, as I can see from the empty plates on your table, you all ate your meals just fine, so now you have to pay for it.”

Customer: “What the h***? I’m the g**d*** customer! What kind of s***ty service is this?!”

Manager: “I’m sorry, sir, but this is a family restaurant and we do not allow that language here. I’m going to have to ask all of your party to pay and leave, or else I can call the cops down here. We’ll see what they have to say about the situation.”

Customer’s Friend: “Just pay for the food, dude! It’s your fault that you went next door to go buy s*** when we were eating; don’t get us in trouble.”

(The guy reluctantly paid for his meal, as did his friends, and then they finally left. Thankfully they didn’t come back that week.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!