Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Hole (In One) Thing Stinks

, , , , , | Friendly | May 5, 2017

(My boyfriend has taken up golfing and is always wanting me to go with him and his friend. I don’t really like golfing. I agree one day and go along with another of his friends who has never golfed before. It is a hot summer day.)

Boyfriend: “We’ll go in pairs. [My Name], you go with [Non-Golfer], because the two of you will just hold us back.”

(Halfway through the third hole, the non-golfing friend has had enough and decides to head to the clubhouse. I play through until I catch up to the other two. They are teeing off at a fairway that starts at the base of a hill. Each time they try, the ball just keeps going sideways into the rough. I tee up my ball as they are both searching in bushes.)

Boyfriend: “Ha, [Friend], just stop and watch this. We need something to laugh at.”

Friend: *as I start lining up my swing* “I can see what you meant when you said she can’t play golf… HEY, [My Name]! You are standing on the wrong side of the ball.”

Boyfriend: “No, she’s got that right; she’s left-handed.”

(I am feeling very self-conscious as I take my swing, expecting the ball to join them in the rough, but instead, it sails straight up the hill and over the top. I look up and see both of them with their jaws dropped.)

Friend: “What the f*** was that?”

(They both try a few more times before deciding that the heat is affecting them and calling it quits.)

Me: “But I want to finish this hole.”

Boyfriend: “Nope, it’s too hot; we are leaving.”

(And that was the last time he ever took me golfing.)


This story is part of our Golf roundup!

Read the next Golf roundup story!

Read the Golf roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!