Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Helicopter Takes Them To Cloud Nine

| Friendly | August 3, 2016

(I am eating a quick lunch in the food court of my local mall. I happen to overhear parts of this conversation between two well-dressed forty-something businessmen at the table next to me. There are a lot of ridiculously high-paying tech companies in my area.)

Man #1: “I love winter sports, but of course I always travel somewhere with better snow when I want to go snowboarding.”

Man #2: “Snowboarding is just so frustrating for me, because I wear a size 14 shoe, and they just don’t make [Expensive Designer Snowboards] big enough for me.”

(Later:)

Man #1: “The worst part about helicopter skiing in Europe is that the places you go are just so remote.”

Man #2: “Definitely. I agree.”

Man #1: “The last time I went helicopter skiing, after about a week we got snowed in and I was stuck at the resort with nothing to do for three days.”

Man #2: “How frustrating.”

Man #1: “I mean, there wasn’t even any Internet or cell reception.”

Man #2: “Sounds awful.”

(I was left wondering whether I lived in the same world as these guys. Given the chance, who wouldn’t want a perfect excuse to relax at an alpine resort for three days?! And if that was the lifestyle they were used to, why were they eating lunch in the mall food court? We’ll never know…)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!