Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Height Of Unreason

| Right | September 27, 2013

(I’m running a ride that has a four-foot height limit, due to the speeds at which it spins and the types of harnesses used for the seats. A guest is waiting at the front of the line with his daughter, who is clearly too small to ride. I am resetting all of the safety locks for the next ride, and I hear my coworker talking to the guest.)

Coworker: “All right, sir, I’m going to have to double-check her height. I’m pretty certain she’s too small to ride.”

Customer: “Oh, she’ll be fine. I’ll be sitting with her.”

Coworker: “No, sir, you can’t do that. I have to check her height.”

(With a bit of a cross look on his face, he tells his daughter to stand next to the measuring pole. She’s a good six inches too short.)

Coworker: “I’m sorry, sir; I can’t let her ride. She’s simply too small.”

Customer: “Dude, seriously? I’m right here. I’ll be holding her the whole time.”

Coworker: “I can’t let her ride.”

(At this point, he’s holding up the line, and the customers behind him are getting impatient.)

Customer: “Dude, it’s her birthday and we just waited for an hour to get on this ride. Just let her go this time.”

Coworker: “My hands are tied. She can’t ride.”

Customer: “I’m not moving. She’s going to ride.”

(He pretty much has the attention of everyone in line by now. I come over.)

Me: “Listen, sir, I need to get this line moving. Just let me get this straight: you’re telling me that you’re going to willingly endanger your daughter’s life for the low, low price of a ride pass? Fine, by all means.”

(The man goes red in the face before wordlessly picking up his daughter and walking out of the line.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!