Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Hangover

| Right | November 29, 2015

(I work reception in a hotel. After having a wedding party stay in the hotel overnight, a few members of said party approach me at the front desk.)

Female Patron: “Um, yeah… We can’t find our friend.”

Me: *somewhat taken aback* “You… can’t find him? What room was he staying in?”

Female Patron: “That’s just it. He’s my fiancé and we were sharing a room. He never came back last night after the reception and now we can’t find him.”

Me: “Does he have a cell phone? You could try calling him, see if he answers.”

(It’s determined by the missing patron’s friends that the situation is not necessarily an emergency just yet; they decide to wait a while for their buddy to turn up as they take turns trying to reach him on his cell. But after a few hours of luckless calling and searching, they return to the front.)

Female Patron: “We still can’t find him.

Me: “Let me call my manager.” *calls and explains the situation*

Manager: *on the phone* Oh, I know who you’re talking about. Someone found him passed out drunk in the middle of the third floor hallway last night, wearing nothing but boxer shorts and hugging a pizza box. He was too incoherent to tell us who he was here with or which room he was staying in, so we put him in a vacant room to sleep off the alcohol.”

(I relay the information to the concerned patrons and they go to retrieve their very hungover friend from his temporary room. Upon checkout…)

Drunk Patron: “Hey, has this ever happened before?”

Me: “Not that I can recall, sir.”

Drunk Patron: *grinning* “Awesome! First time for everything!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!