Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Grinch Who Shocked Christmas

, , , , | Right | December 24, 2010

(It is December and Christmas decorations have been recently put up throughout town. I recognize our town manager in the store. She is responsible for all the towns’ decorations.)

Me: *as I am ringing up her books* “I love all the lights downtown!”

Town Manager: “Thank you!”

Me: “My favorite is the reindeer topiary garden!”

Town Manager: *scowling* “Well, they do look nice, but unfortunately, the children like them, too.

Me: *confused* “Excuse me?”

Town Manager: “The children! They are always trying to touch the reindeer.”

Me: “I’m sure they’re very excited about Christmas, and hearing all about Rudolph.”

Town Manager: “The decorations are for looking at! Not for touching! I suggested electricity but no one liked that idea.”

Me: “You suggested what?”

Town Manager: “Just a light jolt, to discourage the children!”

(I am stunned and silent.)

Town Manager: “No, no one else liked that idea, either.”

Me: “Here are your books! Happy holidays!”


This story is part of the Christmas Day roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

23 Great Stories About Junk Food, And Why It’s Okay To Indulge Once In A While!

 

Read the next Christmas Day roundup story!

Read the Christmas Day roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!