Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Gay Agenda: Monday – Brunch, Tuesday – Golden Girls…

| Related | March 28, 2017

(My sister and I have both started college. Our high school was very religious, so going to college is a bit of a shell shock for the both of us, but we’ve managed to adapt and have found clubs we like. I join a sorority and an art club while my sister becomes active in LGBT issues, despite the fact that she’s heterosexual.)

Me: “The only thing I don’t like about Greek life is during recruitment when we all have to be super girly and be like ‘EEE! Rush us!’ Gets annoying.”

Sister: “Ya, you’ve never been the girly type. Oh! Did I tell you that I was elected as secretary for [LGBT support club]?”

Me: “Nice! I’m assuming you haven’t told our parents the good news?”

(While my mother and I are happy that my sister has found something she’s passionate about, our dad is kinda weird about it. He’s not the kind that despises or hates homosexuals; he’s just generally uninterested because it doesn’t affect him, but he does believe that there is a ‘gay agenda.’ Our family has since then just avoided the topic.)

Sister: “I feel like if I tell them, then they’re just gonna assume that I’m a lesbian.”

Me: “Well, you’ve found something you’re passionate about. No shame in that.”

Sister: “Ugh, I just hate hearing him talk about the ‘gay agenda.’ It’s so– OH, MY GOD!”

Me: “What?!”

Sister: “Now that I’m secretary, I’m gonna start every meeting with ‘Today on the gay agenda…'”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!