Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The First Time In The History Of Anything That Pizza Didn’t Solve A Problem

, , , , , | Right | March 28, 2022

I am a cook in a restaurant that has a display kitchen, meaning that you can see me if you are in the dining room. To reach the display kitchen, you have to walk through the bar and cocktail lounge. We are still under health restrictions that prevent us from using the full capacity of our dining room; hence, our menu is limited to a smaller number of items than usual. There is still a decent variety of items on it.

A woman comes bustling into the restaurant, ignores the bartender and servers who try to offer to help her, and comes up to me.

Me: “Hi, can I—”

Customer: “Do you have food? Where’s your menu? Let me see a menu.”

I step over to the bar, grab a menu, and return and hand it to her.

Customer: “This is all?”

Me: “Yes, ma’am. Our menu is limited as we are not yet able to open fully.”

Customer: “Ugh! Fine!”

She looks at the menu for a few moments.

Customer: “What is this? What does POD stand for?”

Me: “That’s our Pizza of the Day. Today’s is—”

Customer: “WHAT?! Y’ALL GOT PIZZA?! AAAUUUGHH!”

She throws her head backward and her arms up, then waves her arms down at her sides in a very exaggerated display of frustration, and then practically runs out the door.

Me: “I’m… sorry we have pizza?”

We also had appetizers, salads, pasta, and sandwiches. I’m still not sure why pizza being included was so anger-inducing.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!