Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The First Is The Worst

, , | Romantic | September 24, 2013

(I’m 15 and my boyfriend is 17. He is my first ever boyfriend. One day I am not feeling too well, and he shows up at my house with flowers. It is very romantic. Two months later, it is coming up to Valentine’s Day.)

Me: “Do you want to do anything for Valentine’s Day? I’ve never had a boyfriend on Valentine’s Day before.”

Boyfriend: “Yeah, we can do something, but I’m not getting you flowers. I already got you flowers not that long ago.”

(He isn’t joking. Fast forward to Valentine’s Day, and he has gotten me a teddy and a box of chocolates. I am only 15 and don’t have much money, so I only get him a teddy.)

Boyfriend: “Okay, but I get half the chocolates I got you, because you didn’t get me any. We’re also not going out to dinner because you can’t pay for half, and it’s unfair on me.”

(We go for a walk in the park, and he buys himself a sandwich and offers me half. When we get back to his house, he goes to the bathroom and his mum comes up to me.)

Boyfriend’s Mum: “How was the meal?”

Me: “We didn’t go for a meal; we just went for a walk.”

Boyfriend’s Mum: “But [Boyfriend] said you were going to [Mexican Restaurant].”

Me: “We were, but we decided against it because I couldn’t half the bill with him. I spent my last bit of money on his teddy.”

Boyfriend’s Mum: “But I told him I would pay. I gave him the money before you left.”

Me: “Sorry… I don’t know what to tell you.”

(My boyfriend comes downstairs.)

Boyfriend’s Mum: “What the h*** is going on. You didn’t go out?!”

Boyfriend: “Of course we did; didn’t we?” *winks at me*

Boyfriend’s Mum: “No, [My Name] didn’t have any idea I gave you the money; she says you just walked around the park.”

Boyfriend: “We did go out, though.”

Boyfriend’s Mum: “Give me the money back.”

Boyfriend: “I can’t; I spent it on dinner.”

Boyfriend’s Mum: “Now!”

Boyfriend: “I DON’T HAVE IT!”

Boyfriend’s Mum: “You give me the money back now.”

Boyfriend: “Fine!”

(My boyfriend hands his mum the money back.)

Boyfriend’s Mum: “Where’s the rest of it?”

Boyfriend: “I bought a sandwich. Is that all right?!”

(His mum leaves and we go upstairs.)

Boyfriend: “If you ever go crying to my mum again just because I didn’t take you out, you’re dumped. You got that?”

(Unfortunately, he was first ever boyfriend, so I stayed with him for over a year. Worst year of my life.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!