Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Fall Of The First Order

, , , , | Working | March 3, 2020

(I go to a large home improvement store late at night to return a door handle that wasn’t the right size. The cashier in the returns section processes it quickly and as she is handing me my receipt I ask if she can check if the replacement I’ve ordered is in.)

Cashier: “Did you get an email saying it arrived?”

Me: “No, but I got an email a while ago saying it shipped.”

Cashier: *dismissively, as she walks away* “That means it isn’t here yet.”

(I don’t move and watch her put away the return and go to another computer and chat with some coworkers for a minute. She then grabs something and starts to just walk away.)

Me: “Excuse me? Would you mind just looking it up on the computer in case it came in but didn’t register yet? I’d rather not have to make a second trip if I don’t have to.”

(The cashier rolls her eyes and walks over to a computer. She logs in, I give her the order number, and lo and behold, it’s there.)

Cashier: “Oh. It must’ve just gotten here. Type this number into the locker outside and you can take it out.”

(She hands me the paper with the number and spins around to walk away.)

Me: “Thanks.”

(The cashier just walked away. No “You’re welcome.” No “Sorry for making you feel like an idiot for asking a basic question.” Oh, well.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!