Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Fairy Log-mother

, , , , | Working | June 22, 2012

(I work in a small distributor as their invoice secretary. One of the things I do is make and check logins for their online store. Since I work later hours I usually do not handle customer issues. A coworker handles those calls with sales, who has a heart of gold but not a full grasp on computers.)

Coworker: “[My Name], can you refresh the login on this customer? They say they can’t log in.”

Me: “Just to let you know, logins don’t expire so they don’t need ‘refreshing.’ The customer may be typing their password in wrong. Or, maybe myself or the boss typed it in wrong by accident.”

Coworker: *with sass* “Well, ‘I’ typed it in three times already and I couldn’t get in either.”

(She hands me the paper with the written login and password. I do not check the system but simply type it into the website without a hitch.)

Me: “Tell them to slow down when typing. They’re rushing their password.”

Coworker: “What do you mean!? I couldn’t get in either!”

Me: “The password seems simple. However, it’s a word that’s mostly on one hand, so it can be tricky.”

Coworker: “No! You did something to make it work.”

Me: “I just typed it onto the website in one try and took my time.”

Coworker: “But I typed it in three times and couldn’t get in! I wasn’t typing it wrong! How dare you accuse me of being too stupid to type in a password!”

(I realize I’m not getting through, so I try another approach.)

Me: “Alright, honey… there is this little fairy that lives in every keyboard and it snatches up your fingers and moves them to opposing keys when you type passwords. Common errors when typing in passwords is that little fairy.”

Coworker: *blushes in embarrassment and turns back to her work*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!