Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Entitled Brat Doesn’t Fall Far From The Tree

, , , , , | Right | CREDIT: Emirae | October 29, 2021

I got a job in the local liquor store. It’s a pretty nice gig, and my managers and coworkers are awesome, but the customers could use some work. A few days ago, a kid who is probably fifteen years old wanders into the store. She’s got a cart and a bag, and her phone is attached to her face. She comes to my register with a few packs of bubbly seltzer water.

Me: “May I see your ID, please?”

She flips out.

Teenager: “It’s not alcohol! You don’t need to card me!”

Me: “It’s a liquor store. You can’t even be in here without an ID or an adult.”

My manager is behind me and backs me up.

Teenager: “Fine. I’m going to call my daddy.”

And she storms out of the store. She stands outside on her phone yelling about how we’re being unfair, and then comes back in.

Teenager: “My daddy is on the phone, and he says you have to sell to me because it’s just water!”

Me: “No, I can’t, and I won’t.”

She tries handing me her phone and I back away.

Me: “No. If you want to buy it, you have to get an adult.”

She leaves the store again.

Twenty minutes later, a car pulls up and an older man comes into the store with the girl behind him.

Man: “I demand to speak to the manager about the unfair treatment of my daughter!” *Pointing at me* “I want the number to corporate, and I want your name and your manager’s name!”

He ended up buying his daughter the water while yelling at me and the manager.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!