Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Drive To Anger

, , , | Right | July 1, 2020

A customer of ours who we hardly ever hear from, who is about seventy years old, gives us a call.

Me: “[Insurance Company], this is [My Name]; how may I help you?”

Customer: “Hi, this is [Customer]. I was in the hospital recently and I am now in rehab. I know a while back someone told me that [Granddaughter] is not allowed to drive my car. She has her own insurance and lives elsewhere but is driving me occasionally now since I am unable to drive while in rehab. Is that right?”

Me: “Hmm, well, I see that she is listed in the household but is not assigned to your car. Let me double-check with a team member and I will get back to you within a few minutes, is that okay?”

Customer: *A little miffed* “All right, that’s fine.”

I find a note from two years ago that the customer did, in fact, sign a form that means the granddaughter is not allowed to drive her car due to her terrible driving record. This also means that in the event of a claim where the granddaughter happens to be the driver, our company could deny coverage.

Me: “Hello, [Customer]? This is [My Name] from [Insurance Company] again. I did some research, and back in September of 2011, you signed a form that prevents us from assigning [Granddaughter] to your car. But, that doesn’t mean she can’t drive you around in her own vehicle.”

Customer: “What? That’s not what I asked! Why does her car have anything to do with my insurance?!”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am. I am not saying that her car is insured here; I am just saying that if she has to drive you in her car, that is perfectly fine. But if she drives you in your car, then there could be a denial in coverage if something were to happen because you signed that form two years ago.”

Customer: “All you had to do was tell me that she still isn’t allowed to drive my car. You didn’t have to go into when I signed something and stuff about her car.”

Me: “O-okay, ma’am. Well, you were correct; she is still not allowed to drive your car.”

Customer: *Huffs* “Thank you.”

Me: “You’re welcome, goodbye—”

Customers: *Muffles* “Stupid b****.” *Hangs up”

I guess sometimes it’s best not to go into greater detail?

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!