Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Definition Of Showing Up

| Learning | July 10, 2017

(I’m in seventh grade English. The textbook is divided into sections that start with a twelve-word vocabulary list, has several exercises using the words, and ends with a quiz on the words. The teacher is only halfway through the lesson, but I’ve already read through all of them. I guess she thought I wasn’t paying attention, and decided to call me out….)

Teacher: “[My Name]! Why aren’t you listening? I guess you’ll have to show the class what happens when you don’t listen. Now, I’m going to read the vocabulary words, and you give me the definitions.”

(She read the words, and I gave the answers. I got every last one right. She looked surprised and annoyed, then went back to the lesson. After class, a couple of my classmates congratulated me for showing her up. To be honest, she wasn’t a bad teacher; she just had some jerk moments. For the rest of the school year, I tried to get her to quiz me again, but she never took the bait!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!