Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Death Of That Sale

| Right | July 27, 2015

(I work for a business that usually caters to B2B transportation. I’m responsible for the sender side of the transport and look after a lot of hair product and cosmetics manufacturers. The customers that make and sell hair products are especially obnoxious usually.)

Me: *picking up phone* “This is [Business]. [My Name] speaking. How may I help you?”

Customer: “Yes, I was wondering when this parcel will arrive.” *gives transportation number*

Me: “All right… Oh, it looks like the truck has been stopped due to a traffic accident. I’m not sure if we’ll be able to deliver this today.”

Customer: “What do you mean, you’re not sure? It’s very important that this arrives today.”

Me: “Let me call the depot and ask. I’ll call you back in a moment.”

(Speaking to my colleagues, I find out the truck has been the one actually involved in the accident, not just unable to get around the accident site. I call back the customer.)

Me: “I’m sorry; we really won’t be able to deliver this today. All other trucks—”

Customer: *interrupting* “No. This has to arrive today. It’s very important shampoo! Our customer needs it TODAY.”

Me: “The truck has been stopped because it was in an accident. There’s no other truck that can pick up the goods, because it’s almost four pm and every other truck is busy. Also, the police have confiscated the goods as well as the truck.”

Customer: “TODAY! I don’t see the problem! The driver can just get another truck, unload the parcels, get off his lazy a**, and continue!”

Me: “…The driver died in that accident.”

Customer: “So, get another one! It’s important shampoo!”

(I ended the call as politely as possible, telling her to best send out the goods again so they will arrive the next day for sure. She kept ranting until I hung up. Unfortunately, this happens way too often–usually in less extreme situations, fortunately.)


Did you find this story using our Truckers roundup?

Click here to read the next story!

Click here to get back to the roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!