Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Customer Is The One Getting A Wrist Slap

, , , , , | Right | September 10, 2018

(I work at a discount retail store. We have a jewelry counter that has frequent visitors who ring the service bell. At this particular time I’m suppose to leave to head to class but since the checkout line is twenty customers deep I decide to help the customer in jewelry.)

Customer: “It’s about time you showed up!”

Me: “I apologize; I’m suppose to be leaving but wanted to help you instead so you didn’t have to wait so long for someone else.”

Customer: “I want to see these seven bracelets over here!”

(Our policy states we can show customers two pieces of jewelry at a time, but I end up showing her all seven just to speed up the process.)

Customer: “Okay I want these four, and not the other three!”

Me: “No problem!”

(I slide the four she wants to purchase on my wrist, not to confuse them while I put the other three back. I have to walk the jewelry to the cash registers so along with her other few items it is easier this way. I am confronted with a strong grunt from the customer.)

Customer: “Can you please take the bracelets I am purchasing off your wrist!”

Me: “Sorry, ma’am, I just didn’t want to mistakenly put them back in the case.”

Customer: “No, I’m sorry, it’s fine, but do you think if I tell the manager you disrespected me I can get 10% off my purchase since I missed Senior Discount day yesterday?”

Me: “I’ll let the manager know you have decided to slander my customer service for your own gain.”

(And that’s exactly what I did. I told the manager, and they were furious. I left and honestly don’t know what happened but I’d imagine it wasn’t good.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!