Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Customer And Your Wife Is Not Always Right

| Right | March 3, 2017

(Our company has a very similar name to another company and we get their customers call in all the time asking for products that my company does not sell below is what happened when someone calls.)

Me: “[Company]. This is [My Name].”

Caller: “Hi, I need to buy [Product we don’t sell but Other Company does].”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, I’m afraid you’ve called the wrong company. You need [Other Company]; we don’t carry those products.”

Caller: “But my wife gave me this number.”

Me: “Well, then, your wife gave you the wrong number. You are going to have to find the number for [Other Company].”

(After that the caller hangs up and I go back to what I was doing. Not even ten minutes later my phone rings again with the same person calling.)

Me: “[Company]. This is [My Name].”

Caller: “Hi, I need to buy [Product we don’t sell but Other Company does].”

Me: “Sir, you called the wrong number again. I’ve told you that you need [Other Company]. We are a different company from them. We don’t sell the product you are looking for.”

Caller: “ARE YOU TELLING ME MY WIFE WAS WRONG? SHE’S ALWAYS RIGHT!”

Me: “Yes, I am telling you that your wife is wrong. Have a nice day and I hope you find the correct number for [Other Company].”

Caller: *screaming in the background*

Me: *hangs up*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!