Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Cooling Fans Aren’t The Loudest Thing Here

, , , | Right | August 8, 2021

A customer has recently bought an expensive piece of equipment from my company, and he called in to complain he has a problem and we need to send him a new one. The problem which apparently requires a free thousand-pound product be sent out immediately? The cooling fans are unusually loud.

A junior colleague is the one to pick up the call, and even getting the customer’s order details to make sure he bought it from us causes shouting and screaming. When we ask for a video of the problem so we can see what’s going on, he adds swearing and physical threats into the mix and the owner of our company takes over the call.

This is what our office overhears from the owner’s side of the conversation.

Owner: “Hi. I’m sorry to hear about—”

Owner: “Of course, we want to help you. We just need—”

Owner: “We’re not arguing; we want to help. We only need—”

Owner: “Please just let me explain—”

Owner: “No, I need to speak without being interrupted so I can tell you—”

Owner: “Sir, we have a policy on unacceptable communication, and if you keep shouting and swearing—”

Owner: “Of course we want to help. We’re not arguing. Just please let me tell you what we need without interrupting what I’m—”

Owner: “If I can’t tell you what we need then we can’t—”

Owner: “I think it would be best if I email since you won’t—”

Owner: “No, we won’t call you back. If I can’t say what I need to say over the phone, then why—”

Owner: “Okay, I’ll email you now. Goodbye.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!