Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Clothes Make The Manager

, , | Right | July 24, 2009

(My brother is the manager of a grocery store. Important: they’ve recently switched uniforms from red to blue.)

Customer: “Excuse me, can I get some help?”

Brother: “Yes, is there something I can help you with?”

Customer: “I’m looking for [competitor’s brand]. Why don’t you have it?”

Brother: “It’s because only our competitor can sell that.”

Customer: “That is bulls***! I’ve been shopping here for ten years and you’ve always had that!”

Brother: “Ma’am, we’ve only been at this location for four years and we don’t sell our competitor’s brand.”

Customer: “You are completely hopeless! I demand to speak to the manager!”

Brother: “I am the manager, ma’am.”

Customer: “Did you not hear me?! I want to talk to the M-A-N-A-G-E-R!”

Brother: “Fine, just a sec. I’ll go fetch him.”

(My brother walks into the staff area, picks up an old red shirt from a box, puts it on, and walks out.)

Brother: “Hello, ma’am, how can I help you?”

Customer: *calmly* “Finally. I want to know why you don’t have [competitors brand]?”

Brother: “Because only our competitor can sell it.”

Customer: “Oh? I guess I’ll have to go to their store, then. Thanks!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!