Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Catty Cashier

, , , , | Working | August 20, 2019

(I’m preparing to move out of state with two cats. My boyfriend already lives where I’m going, but is with me to help. I go into a pet store to pick up some treats for their ride out.)

Employee: “Hi there. Anything we can help you find today?”

Me: “Yeah, do you have a [size] container of [Brand] cat treats?”

Employee: “They should be over here! Do you have a lot of cats?”

Me: “Oh, no, just two. But we’re moving out of state next week and I want to make sure I have plenty.”

Employee: “Oh, you’re bringing them with you?”

Me: “Yes? I couldn’t ever leave them; they’re like my kids at this point.”

(The employee looks at my boyfriend.)

Employee: “You’re with a crazy cat lady!”

Boyfriend: “Not really. Those two have just really been great for her and they seem to love her back.”

Employee: “You should just dump them on somebody else! People do it all the time, and it’s so much easier!”

Me: “Ma’am, no offense, but I’m not dumping two amazing animals anywhere. They mean the world to me. Can I just get my treats and go? I have to get things ready to move.”

Employee: “Ugh, fine.”

(The move went smoothly, and my two cats are happy in their new place.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!