Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Cake Is A Ploy

| Right | July 4, 2017

(I work as a cake decorator in the bakery at a big name store. A lady comes in to pick up a cake that she claims she ordered.)

Me: “I’m so sorry, ma’am, but I believe your order was misplaced. Do you know who took your order?”

Lady: “All I know is that it was a man.” *she sighs and drops her hip, crossing her arms* “You know, this happened last time I ordered from you. It happened to my graduation cake!”

Me: “Again, ma’am, I really am sorry. This has never happened before. We can whip you up a cake in about 15 minutes; let me get an order form.”

(She tells me the flavor and written message. I apologize several times then she storms off to shop. In the meantime my coworker stops her tiered cake and rushes to decorate this woman’s cake. We both asked our only two male coworkers if they took an order for a cake. Neither of them have taken an order, and it has been quite some time since they had. One suggests that maybe she ordered from another store. She returns 15 minutes later.)

Coworker: “Here you go, ma’am. I’m sorry for the inconvenience. We asked our only two male workers about the orders and neither of them took any orders within the last few weeks. Is it possible that you called another store?”

Lady: “Oh… well… You know, I had it written down, in my planner and…” *she trails off, kind of realizing that she probably ordered from another chain*

(After she left we all immediately gathered together in confusion, discussed it, and went on with our day. I have a feeling that somewhere nearby, at a close chain store, they have a cake waiting to be picked up by her. Either that or she wanted either a discount for her “troubles” or a fast cake because she forgot to place an order.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!