Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Bride Was Always Inside

, , , , | Right | December 15, 2020

We sell bridal gowns. I am in charge of a very pretty young lady and her tearful mother. The young woman is getting married to her fiancé of ten years. As I am fitting her dress, a conversation overlaps our own. An elderly lady has intervened herself into our area with her obviously spoiled child.

Elderly Woman: “I can’t believe this.”

She rushes toward me.

Elderly Woman: “Excuse me, miss, but can I talk to you?”

I am oblivious to the young girl’s sudden paled expression.

Me: “Of course, ma’am! I’ll be right back, [Young Woman].”

I follow the elderly lady only a few paces away, and she gives me a stern look that throws me off guard.

Elderly Lady: “Do you know who that is?!”

She gestures openly to the young lady I am fitting, who seems uncomfortable.

Me: “Ah, that’s [Young Woman], my client!”

Elderly Lady: *Scoffs with disgust* “His real name is [Male Name] and he’s a t****y! He’s trying to be a woman!”

Me: “…”

Elderly Lady’s Daughter: “I went to school with him when he was ‘still a boy.'”

They both look at my client with obvious distaste.

Elderly Lady: “It’s disgusting that you are serving such an abomination. You’ll go to Hell!”

The young girl has obviously started crying, wringing herself from her mum’s arms and trying to walk toward the private dressing areas.

Elderly Lady: “I demand you refund them at once and ban them from your store! Or you will lose my daughter as your client!”

The mother of the young girl looks terrified and is fuming with anger, and before she can say what she is about to, I hold up my hand and take a calm step toward the elderly woman.

Me: “Ma’am, I will not be banning this beautiful young lady for being who she wants to be.”

Elderly Lady: “I demand to speak to someone with higher authority, not some disgusting sinner like you.”

Me: *Smiles* “As it turns out, I am the general manager of this particular store. And I’m going to have to ask you to leave before I call security on you for disruption and verbal assault.”

Elderly Lady: “I want my money back!”

After a brief swap of words, the lady stormed out of the building. The disrespect shocked me.


This story is part of the Pride Month 2023 roundup!

Read the next Pride Month 2023 roundup story!

Read the Pride Month 2023 roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!