Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Brain Of A Mouse

, , , , | Working | CREDIT: zuio1905 | June 17, 2021

I work in IT support. It’s a usual day at office, doing some tickets and answering calls. I get a call from a woman maybe in her mid- to late twenties.

Me: “Hello. IT support here. How can I help you?”

Employee: “My mouse doesn’t work, and I need a new one ASAP.”

Me: “Okay, you can come down here and I’ll give you one.”

Employee: “No, I need you to bring it to me.”

I’m like, “What the f***?” but sure, a little bit of walking won’t be bad.

Me: “Be right there.”

I grab a new mouse and make my way up there. I knock on the door and walk in. She has two monitors, and her cursor is on the left one; she is trying to move it to the right one. I just stand there and watch as she is, forcefully, trying to break the “wall” between the monitors.

Employee: “Thank you. Give me the new mouse, please. I know how to plug it in.”

Okay… Don’t laugh. No matter what you do, just don’t laugh, and stay professional.

Me: “Um… Can… Can I just show you something?”

Employee: “It’s clearly broken. Look.”

She uses more force moving the mouse.

Employee: “It doesn’t go over there.”

Me: “One second, please.”

I quickly access her settings and change the second monitor from left to right.

Me: “You just had the settings wrong.”

Employee: “No, I did not. I never touched the setting.” *Tries moving the mouse* “How did you fix that?”

Me: “I… just showed you”

Employee: “Show me again.”

I do so.

Employee: “What did you do?”

Me: “I… I just showed you.”

Employee: “Okay, never mind. Bye.”

Me: “Bye.”

I left with the new mouse, trying not to laugh all the way back to my office.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!