Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Bosses Need To Clean Up Their Act

| Working | February 25, 2017

(We have a health inspection and it doesn’t go totally well. The owner has a lot of unfinished construction projects going on including floors, seating, tiles, plumbing, and hoods. I had worked the night before, but apparently the owner’s son made a pizza after we closed and made a mess in kitchen, and guess who is blamed? I have two bosses, husband and wife, both lazy in cleaning.)

Boss #1: “We failed the health inspection because you didn’t clean that well.”

Boss #2: “I don’t get why you can’t ever do your god-d*** job and just clean! It’s not that hard to do; after all, we all do it daily!”

Me: “What did they say about the unfinished projects all over for the last four years?”

Boss #1: “This is about you. You didn’t clean properly; the whole pizza line was just covered in toppings and flour all over the place. The bar had drinks spilled all over.”

Boss #2: “Besides, don’t talk to us about our jobs; we can get away with it because we can claim we can’t afford it, but now we’re going to be fined and it’s your fault.”

Boss #1: *addressing to the coworkers just entering their shifts* “Well, everyone blame [My Name] for the lack of raises you will get since he is too lazy to clean properly. Because of him, no one is getting a raise this year. We never take any time off because we are always here working and trying to make our place successful so we can one day retire and/or open a franchise of this place.”

(They were just on vacation less than a week ago for six days to see a concert and celebrate a wedding of a family friend. A month before that they were gone for two weeks for spring break. All the while I haven’t had vacation time in almost three years. I only stay because I need the money, but at this point who knows if I will stay. I hope things improve but they don’t look promising.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!