Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Boss-tomer Is Always Right

, , , | Right | May 25, 2012

(I am overhearing a heated argument between a very rude customer and my manager.)

Customer: “This game isn’t working like it’s supposed to. I demand a full refund!”

Manager: “Once again, sir, the packaging’s already been opened. I’m afraid there’s not much I can do. If you had read the packaging before opening it, you would have known that this game would not be compatible with your system.”

Customer: “That’s a lie! You are lying to me! This game is d*** well compatible. This one is just defective!”

(I walk over to where my manager and the customer is. Much to my horror, I am met with a very unpleasant surprise: the customer is actually my boss at my second job.)

Customer: “Hey! [My Name]! Help me out here! This guy clearly doesn’t know what he’s talking about.”

Me: “Well, [Boss], why don’t you explain to me your side of the story, since I just joined in?”

Customer: “I tried to run this game on my girlfriend’s laptop and it won’t work. Now this guy over here is trying to tell me that it isn’t supposed to work!”

Me: “Um, well, he’s right. That game isn’t compatible with computers. This is an Xbox 360 game.”

Customer: “Aww, for Christ’s sake, not you too! My girlfriend’s laptop runs Windows. Windows is Microsoft. Xbox is also Microsoft.”

Me: “No, I’m afraid it doesn’t work that way. If it did, that would defeat the purpose of having two separate products.”

Customer: “Don’t give me that bulls***! I want my money back now!”

Me: “I’m sorry, but you really should’ve asked an employee before you bought that game, or at least read the back of the box. We can’t take back opened products.”

Customer: “You really gonna talk to me like that? Well, fine! You better start working here full-time now, because as of now, your a** is fired from MY shop!”

(My now ex-boss takes his game and angrily leaves the store. What does he do for a living? He’s the owner of a retail shop and his return policy is much more strict than ours.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!