Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Booth And Nothing But The Booth

| Right | March 28, 2013

(I work at business that has a full service restaurant, as well as a grocery store/deli area. Customers often purchase food in the store, expecting to eat it in the restaurant as if it was a cafeteria and not a fine dining area.)

Customer: “Can I take this food from the deli and eat it over there at a booth?”

Me: “You certainly can; however, you would have to place the order through your server. They will plate it for you. This portion of the store is for carryout and grocery purchases only. If you speak to the hostess she’ll be happy to find you a seat.”

Customer: “But, I just want to eat this food over there!”

Me: “You definitely can; you just have to place your order with your server, and not with me.”

Customer: “Well, aren’t they going to just charge me more?!”

Me: “No, the prices are pretty much the same. Sometimes there’s a difference of a few cents, but we attempt to keep the prices in the restaurant as equivalent as we can to the store prices.”

Customer: “Oh, but they’re going to expect me to tip them if I sit in the restaurant, aren’t they?”

Me: “Well, yes, that is how servers earn their income.”

Customer: “WELCOME TO AMERICA!” *storms off*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!