Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

ATM Is A Hamburglar

, | Friendly | April 5, 2014

(My best friend and I are hanging out in his dorm room up at college. It is getting late, approaching dinner time.)

Me: “Man, I’m getting hungry. I kinda don’t wanna go to the student union, though…”

Best Friend: “Yeah, me neither.”

Me: “We could go drive around and look for a good place to eat off-campus. See what’s available.”

Best Friend: “Aw, man… I’d love to, but I don’t have any cash on me right now and all I have is an ATM card. All the banks are probably closed by now.”

Me: “There’s an ATM in the lobby, though, isn’t there?”

Best Friend: “Yeah, but that’s not my bank! They charge an extra three bucks to use it if you’re not with them! That’s like, a hamburger or something! I don’t wanna waste my money…”

Me: “Yeah, OK. I get what you’re saying. Never mind that then.”

(We talk a little more, and decided that, despite wanting to get off-campus, we’ll just go to the student union after all. As we walk out of the halls and into the dorm building’s lobby, we pass by the aforementioned ATM.)

Best Friend: *pointing* “STUPID ATM! STEALIN’ ALL MY HAMBURGERS!”

(Needless to say, the girl at the front desk gave us some very strange looks as we left!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!