Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Benchmark For A Good Deed

, , , , | Hopeless | May 31, 2016

(I’m 19 and on a year-long backpacking trip across Australia. I have an early flight to catch so I think to sleep at the airport rather than spend it paying for a hostel bed. I thought I could check in super early and sleep on carpet or couches but this doesn’t happen since the small airport closes early. I end up sleeping on a hard bench and wake up a lot, scared the security guards will kick me out. On my flight in the morning I exchange pleasantries with the couple I sit beside and we get talking about my travels.)

Me: “I’m really enjoying Australia.” *yawns* “But you’re going to have to forgive me; I slept at the airport last night and I don’t think I can keep my eyes open any longer.”

(I immediately pass out and sleep the whole flight. I wake up shortly before landing.)

Wife: “So…” *turns to me and hands me a $20 bill* “We don’t have much cash on us, but we want to give this to you to pay for a meal or bed for the night! We hope you have a great time here!”

(Over ten years later that sentiment still warms my heart to know there’s such generous and kind people in the world.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!