Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Bank That Doesn’t Go The Distance

| Working | January 26, 2017

(I recently moved to a city within the same state as my hometown. I had banked with a local credit union my entire life, but the closest branch to my new apartment is over an hour drive away, so I find a new credit union to bank with. It doesn’t go as planned.)

Employee: “Can I ask why you’re switching banks? Are you dissatisfied with our service?”

Me: “No, no, of course not. I’ve been beyond pleased with your services. I’ve even dragged my feet for months to do this because I love banking with you.”

Employee: “Then why the change?”

Me: “I’ve moved a considerable distance. Your closest branch is an hour drive from my home.”

Employee: “Why not make the drive if you like us so much?”

Me: “Well, for starters, I don’t own a car.”

Employee: “Can’t you borrow someone’s?”

Me: “I’m sorry; you seem to not be understanding me. I’m switching banks. Please stop questioning me like this.”

Employee: “I just don’t understand why you’re leaving!”

Me: *completely frustrated* “Because I’m not wasting two hours of my life and a large sum of money to rent a car to do my banking!”

(I eventually got someone else to help me, but I’m still baffled the first employee didn’t understand something as simple as moving!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!