Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Back Is In Agony But Spending Money Hurts More

, , , , | Right | June 30, 2021

I am working at a big box store in the shoe department. Except for the work boots, our most expensive shoes are about $25. A customer approaches me.

Customer: “I need [Brand] non-slip shoes. I need to have that brand because I have back problems.”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but we don’t carry that brand anymore. We do have some other non-slip shoes. We can see if any of them work for you.”

I take the customer in that direction and see a pair of the brand he is looking for on clearance.

Me: “It looks like you’re in luck. We have one pair left.”

Customer: “$19?! That’s way too expensive!”

Seriously? That’s a pretty good price for those. The customer sees a pair of $10 shoes. They are not on clearance. That is the regular price.

Customer: “What about these?”

Me: “Those are going to make your feet and back hurt.”

Customer: “But I don’t want to pay more than that.”

Me: “Maybe you could buy a pair of [Brand] insoles and put them in the shoes?”

Customer: “How much are those?”

Me: “Depending on what type you get, $5 to $10.”

Customer: “That’s still too much!”

The customer ended up buying the $10 shoes. I can understand not having a lot of money, but don’t expect good quality shoes for $10.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!