Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Audacity Of Some Employees, Doing Their Jobs And Whatnot

, , | Right | CREDIT: kaerstyx | May 12, 2022

Where I work, we have these security cages on items that are most often stolen. There aren’t many keys, and we’re super busy, so sometimes customers have to wait a bit. We’re supposed to either walk them up with the item to a register or leave it up at self-checkout for when they’re ready.

People do NOT like this.

I had a lady complain that I had to bring her electric toothbrush up to the front instead of just handing it to her directly.

Customer: “Well, they’ve never done that before.”

Me: “Yeah, sometimes people just give it to you, but we’re not supposed to.”

Customer:  “That’s ridiculous. I’ve never had anyone do this before!”

Me: “Okay? I’m just doing my job. I could get into trouble if I got caught just handing it to you.”

She huffs and puffs like a little kid.

Customer: “Okay, whatever. I’m probably not going to even get it, then.”

I’m irritated because I’m LITERALLY just doing my job!

Me: “Okay, then don’t.”

I walked away and brought the toothbrush up to the self-checkout area. A few minutes later, I WATCHED this woman with a different employee being handed her dumb toothbrush, and she stomped off. The other employee told me that the customer was complaining about me… for doing my job?

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!