Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Art Of Switching Sides

, , , | Right | January 15, 2012

(I work at a hotel that serves free breakfast to its guests. I’m setting it up when this encounter happens.)

Guest: “I just heard you cough back there!”

Me: “Yeah, it’s just a small cough. I’m just getting over a cold.”

Guest: “I’m going to report you to the board of health!”

Me: “For coughing?”

Guest: “Yes, for coughing! You’re serving food and I know you’re coughing all over it! I can see the germs crawling all over the food!”

Me: “I can assure you, ma’am, I’m not coughing on the food. I wouldn’t want to eat coughed on food so I wouldn’t serve it.”

Guest: “I know how you hotel people are! You want all the guests to get sick so they’ll leave and you can sit on your lazy asses all day!”

Me: “Ma’am, if no one showed up to the hotel I wouldn’t have a job. I assure you I didn’t cough on the food.”

(Suddenly, the guest changes her tone and attitude as if nothing had happened.)

Guest: “Well, if I were you, I would. Some people are so rude. They think they can just barge in and walk all over girls like you, making ridiculous accusations, and get away with it. Bless your soul for being such a moral girl.”

Me: *speechless*

Guest: “You have a wonderful day! Thanks for setting breakfast up for us early risers.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!