Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Adventures Of Doctor Amazing At 30,000 Feet!

, , , , , | Hopeless | October 16, 2018

My 18-month-old son and I were on a return flight home after visiting my mom. Getting to the airport, and on the flight, was stressful enough after having just spent two weeks with my nag of a mother. When the flight launched my son began fussing and wouldn’t accept a bottle or pacifier to help with the pressure in his ears.

Just as I was thanking whatever powers that be that the flight was relatively unpopulated, an older gentlemen with a distinct Hebrew accent scooped up my son and plopped down in the seat across the aisle from me. The mommy alarm bells were going off, but I was so stressed that I didn’t know what to do.

Through the flight, the older gentlemen talked to and soothed my son while maintaining the bulk of conversation between us. He fed my son figs and was just, in general, the nicest person I’ve dealt with probably ever. By the time my flight landed, my son was asleep and I was as cool as a cucumber.

My son is now 11, and I just started a job at a medical clinic that employs resident doctors. They require preceptor doctors to oversee their appointments. As it turns out, my friend from the flight is a respected doctor in the community and an excellent teacher to the fledgling doctors I’m working with. He is the same way with everybody as he was with my son and me: a super awesome and patient gentleman that loves to share knowledge and cares about people.

Between that encounter on the flight and my time working with him, it has been an honor to know someone as distinctly amazing as this particular doctor.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!